Viral marketing is a cool term for word of mouth on the Internet. It is where people hear about your website service or products through other people. Sending an email with an advertisement on the bottom is a good way to spread the word. Having a newsletter also increases your visibility online. There are also forums that discuss products and services and rate them. Viral marketing’s referral technique works like the snowball effect, which increases exponentially the visibility of your business. Getting personal recommendations to try a product or service is a great way to build credibility and trust in the company. Repeating these referrals to other people makes the customer actively engage themselves and not passively hear about the products advantages.
Viral marketing is a great way to keep advertising costs way down. Passing along an article from an e-zine keeps the message intact, is free and easy to pass along, and doesn’t cost anything, but offers a clear benefit to both parties involved.
Here are some ways to make your viral marketing message work. You can give away a free article with a pass it on link on the bottom, or a free demo version of your product, or offer a free trial of your service on your web site and include a share it with your friend button at the bottom of the page. You could also hold a contest and capture people’s contact information and each time their friends come to the site, they are entered into the contest again. Starting your own affiliate program, where affiliates generate traffic to your website with banner ads, text links, letters of referrals, etc. You pay for results only.
Viral marketing is the way to achieve high traffic cheaply and effectively on the web. Provide your customers with a compelling reason to pass on the message and you are well on your way to big time traffic.
Viral Marketing Tips
Viral marketing is a technique that is used by many people, yet it is still relatively unknown. Many people hear the words “viral marketing” or “viral traffic” and think that it has something to do with a virus. Fortunately, viral marketing and viral traffic have nothing to do with people spreading viruses via email, etc.
Viral marketing is simply defined. It is any strategy that is implemented to encourage people to pass on a marketing message to others, which in turn creates the potential for growth and more people seeing your message. Viral marketing also increases targeted traffic.
The only way viral marketing is similar to a virus is in the way it can expand and replicate at a very quick pace. This can cause for viral traffic to pick up, and your marketing message to reach a lot of people in a short amount of time.
Before you begin a strategy to increase viral traffic or targeted traffic you must understand that some strategies work better than others. But if you put the proper amount of research into your viral traffic strategy you will increase your odds of coming up with a successful program.
There are a couple of important tips that you should keep in mind when trying to increase viral traffic, they are as follows:
1. The most important aspect to remember when trying to increase viral or targeted traffic is to give something away for free. Everybody likes free stuff, and if you are giving something away that people like there is a better chance that your recipients will pass on your marketing message. The word free alone will increase your viral traffic. As far as how long it will take to increase traffic is not as easy to determine. Some viral marketing programs take off right away, whereas others build slowly. It all depends on your strategy, and what you are giving away.
2. To increase viral traffic, you must also make sure that your message is easily transferable from one person to the next. You will never increase your viral traffic if you have to depend on somebody else to pass along your information. It should be automatically done via email, websites, or even software downloads. The bottom line is that you need to make sure your viral marketing message is concise, to the point, and easily transferable.
3. Before putting a strategy in place to increase viral traffic you will want to make sure that you can handle the traffic and requests that come along with it. This goes along with doing your research before starting. If you cannot handle the new viral traffic, all your hard work will mean nothing in the end.
4. One of the easiest ways to increase viral traffic is to use existing networks. In other words, implement your strategy to touch base with people who will be interested, and therefore pass your information onto other people in their network. This will ensure that you get a good group of targeted traffic to take notice of your project. You need to be giving away your free gifts to people that will use them, so targeted traffic is very important. By working within a network, you will have a better chance of driving up targeted traffic, which will help your strategy spread.
5. Do not rely on yourself to do all the work when it comes to attempting to increase viral traffic. Even though you will be putting the overall strategy into effect, you should still be able to use other resources to increase targeted traffic. Affiliate programs and press releases are two great ways to increase targeted traffic without having to put in too much work.
Overall, viral marketing is a great way to get exposure and increase profit. If your strategy does a good job of bringing in targeted traffic there is no reason that you should not be able to accomplish the goals that you have set forth.
Viral Marketing – Spread The Word
As the search engine world becomes more competitive and the fight for website traffic deepens, web site owners now resort to other means and methods of attracting visitors to their websites.
The concept of viral marketing offers website owners and managers a real opportunity to bring in new and unimagined volumes and types of visitors with what can be a comparatively modest amount of investment.
The concept is relatively simple. A photograph or video is produced which will appeal to a target group and the media is then distributed on several key websites. These include YouTube and Yahoo Video for videos and Flickr for photographs. Social network sites such as Facebook and Twitter might also be considered as a means of initially seeding the media to show others.
This process is called viral seeding and represents the initial effort required to start the ball rolling. In theory once the videos are out in the public arena and rather like a biological virus, they spread amongst communities by word of mouth, e-mail, and publication on other people’s websites, via easily downloadable players which embed readily onto most websites.
One example of the successful viral marketing campaign is the Does it Blend? campaign whereby a blender manufacturer came up with the original idea of testing their blenders with a variety of different and rather eccentric objects to blend. The site of mobile phones and garden rakes being blended in their blenders is fascinating to most viewers and the somewhat stylish videos have developed a genuine cult following. This hitherto unknown blender within a matter of a few weeks became a household name and hence traffic to the website rose dramatically.
The viral marketing system depends very much on careful targeting of the client group and distribution of the right viral message or media. For example, there is no purpose in distributing a viral promoting women’s beauty product that would not appeal to women. Once particularly successful viral was a campaign for Dove Soap which was promoted using videos showing how cosmetics can completely change the look of a woman making her a false vision and illustrating how important the simple natural beauty of a woman can be. This campaign aimed at illustrating the importance of the real woman inside was highly successful and has been viewed many times improving Dove Soap’s image with women as being on their side and celebrating natural beauty.
A more recent campaign has been launched by ManOfTheMatchdotnet, a website offering sports fans the opportunity to vote for their man of the match, either on the website or via SMS text message. The challenge was to get the site known in the market place and a series of spoof interviews with look-alike sports celebrities has been launched to promote the brand among sports fans. The first group of videos involved a spoof David Beckham and has proved a great initial success.
It is therefore appropriate for the new website owner to seriously consider Viral Marketing as a genuine and valid alternative to promoting their website, a new way to spread the word.
Viral Marketing – A Study Of Successful Sites
Viral marketing is a concept which allows word of mouth advertising to spread your message far and wide without ongoing maintenance and promotion from the originator.
First, it must have mass appeal. The wider the audience, the better. Second, it must advertise itself.
If you’re aiming to make money from a successful viral marketing campaign then you have many options.
1. Capture email addresses and build a target database of prospects.
2. Place AdSense ads on your site and benefit from the sheer volume of traffic to your site.
3. Promote affiliate products.
4. Sell advertising on your site.
5. Create a product of your own.
6. Take donations.
Even if your website is purely altruistic, you will need extra money to pay for bandwidth charges, etc., so the above forms of monetization will come in handy.
Now it’s your turn to use viral marketing to benefit you. Act now and reap the benefits viral marketing can provide for you, your business or your cause.
Money Making Tips Worth Knowing – https://www.mastersofmoney.com/moneymakingtipsworthknowing/