51 Ways To Cut Back & Save Money:
1. Trading your car. Having a new used vehicle is not such a bad idea, especially if you want to save some cash. You should also consider this, if the car that you currently have piles up your expenses by consuming more gas and offering little space for your family. There are lots of car supermarkets these days, which can offer you a quality used vehicle that has a price that is just a fraction of the brand new one. Check them out, so that you can save more cash.
2. Shopping items on sale. If you just happen to be in a store because you have free time, and you found items that are on sale, then you might be tempted in acquiring them immediately. However, before you make a drastic move, try to think about whether you really need the item or not. Although the item may cost only half of its original price, you still should not buy it if you don’t really need it.
3. Your gym membership. In order to have a healthier body, you may be visiting the gym on a regular basis. However, if your busy schedule prevents you from visiting it at least thrice a week, then you should cancel it. With your hectic schedule, you should workout at your own place from now on. Aside from saving more time, you can also save some money since you won’t have to deal with membership fees.
4. Cut down your drinking habit. Aside from the fact that drinking can cause negative effects to your health, it actually adds up on your monthly cost of living. If you are used to drinking a bottle or two of your favorite beer each night, you should cut it down to just a couple of beers only on weekends. By doing that, you are doing your body a favor, as well as your pocket.
5. Quit smoking. Smoking is one of the leading causes of certain types of diseases all around the world. Aside from that, cigarettes also continue to become more and more expensive these days. Thus, you should find ways to quit it. When you quit smoking, you can lessen your risks to certain diseases, smell good, and save some money along the way.
6. Use the internet. If you need a new recipe, a new guide to playing the guitar, or a new manual for self-development, you no longer have to go to the bookstore and spend lots of cash for it. What you can do is to access websites for the information that you need. Aside from offering you informative articles about the topic you are interested in; you can also find lots of eBooks on the web that are for free.
7. Extended warranties. Extended warranties are usually available for popular electronic devices. They are usually offered so that you would have a warranty that extends for more than just a year. Before you take advantage of it though, you should stop and think if you really need it. In most cases, a warranty for six to twelve months is already enough. Just make sure to choose an electronic device that is made in good quality, so that you won’t have to worry about extended warranties.
8. Eat lesser amounts of meat. When you compare meat products to vegetables, they are more expensive, aside from the fact that they are often associated with fats. Thus, it is best to eat more vegetables instead. However, since you need meat for your source of protein, you should opt for chicken without its skin, since they are more affordable.
9. Eat in a slower pace. When it comes to eating, you can save more money and lose weight by eating slower. This is because when you eat slow, you will tend to eat less, since your stomach would take a certain time to send a message to your brain that it is already full. Thus, in eating slower, you won’t just enjoy a fitter you, but you can also enjoy more savings since you consume lesser amounts of foods.
10. Bring your own lunch. If you don’t have the time to go home and eat lunch, you should cook your own food and bring it with you. By doing this, you won’t have to spend lots of money in eating at restaurants or fast food chains. Aside from saving lots of money, you can also ensure that you stay in good health, since you would be the one to prepare it.
11. Avoid the vending machine. When you want a snack and you visit the vending machine for it, most likely, you would be paying a lot more for the foods that you eat, than if you were buying them from the grocery store. Therefore, the next time you purchase goods from the grocery, make sure to include your snack food items. By doing that, you can simply bring them with you, each time you report for work.
12. Making a list for the grocery. When you are shopping at a grocery store, chances are you would end up going over your budget if you won’t bring a list with you. Thus, it is a good idea to make a list of all the things that you really need. Aside from that though, make sure to take note of the prices of the grocery items, so that you already have an idea how much you are going to spend when you buy your groceries.
13. Buying medicines. In buying medicines, the factor that can affect their prices are their brands. Thus, if you want to save money, then you should stick to generic brands. These generic medicines are actually equally effective as its high-end counterparts. Just take note of the name of the medicine prescribed by your doctor and not the brand, so that you can save some cash.
14. Visiting the coffee shop. If you simply love coffee and you often find yourself going to coffee shops for it, then you should learn how to brew your own coffee soon. There are lots of coffee making products available in the market today, which can allow you to make cups of delicious coffee in just a matter of minutes. Purchase one soon and you would be able to enjoy your favorite cup of coffee, without having to go out of your place and spending more money.
15. Go with water. When you are thirsty, whether you are at a movie theater or at the mall, you should skip soda, beer, or juice, and stick to water. This is because water is more affordable than the other drinking beverages, and in some places, it can even be offered for free. Aside from saving more money by drinking water, it can also help you stay fit, since it is not loaded with calories.
16. Collect reusable bags. When you have a bunch of reusable bags at your place, then you can bring it with you when you buy your groceries. There are certain grocery stores these days, which can offer you discounts, tokens, or coupons, if you are going to bring your own bag for your purchased goods. By doing that, you won’t just be saving money, but you could also be saving the world by using lesser plastic bags.
17. Driving at nights. Whenever you are driving at nights, you can actually save up some money by opening your car windows. By doing that, you would not have to turn on your air conditioner and save up some gas in the process. With lesser gasoline consumed on a regular basis, you would be able to save more money.
18. Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Making sure that your tires are properly inflated can prolong its life and save you some money in the process. Aside from that, it can also ensure that handling your car would be easy. Moreover, when the tires are properly inflated, you can also be assured that your car’s fuel efficiency is at its maximum levels.
19. Get your car checked regularly. Having your car go through routine maintenance actually offers a lot of benefits to you. Aside from making sure that your car is in top condition, it could also prevent damages, which can cost you a lot of money. Just make sure to find a reliable mechanic, so that he won’t always tell you to replace something, just to make a quick buck.
20. Free parking. When you go around town, you may find that lots of places require payment for parking, especially those that are near certain landmarks. However, if you are patient enough, you should be able to find a place that offers free parking. You may have to walk a few blocks towards your destination for it, but it would be worth it, especially if you practice this regularly.
21. Opting for a more basic insurance coverage. To save up some money in terms of your insurance premiums, you can always tell your insurance provider to drop your collision and comprehensive coverage. This is a wise move, especially if your car is quite old. However, you need to be aware that dropping the said items from your declarations page would mean that you would be responsible for the cost of repairs to your own vehicle, whenever you are involved with an accident, in which you are the at-fault party.
22. Choosing services you really need. Each year, you should evaluate what services you really need and what services you don’t need. You should ask yourself whether you really need to have cable television, landline, magazine subscriptions, and such. Try to check which services you really need to have a decent way of living and stick only with them. Drop the other ones you don’t need, so that you can save money.
23. Play online games. If you have an internet connection at your place, it is far better to play online games, instead of purchasing more video games for your gaming console. There are lots of online gaming sites today, which can offer you the kind of entertainment that you want for free. With that, you won’t have to pay for video games that are pretty expensive, which can help you save more money.
24. Don’t use your dryer. In washing your clothes, you may have gotten used to utilizing the dryer of your washing machine to dry your clothes up. However, if you want to save money, then you should line dry your clothes instead. This simply means getting yourself a clothesline or a rack where you can dry your clothes on. By doing that, you are lengthening the lifespan of your machine, aside from minimizing energy consumption.
25. Turn off your electric stove earlier. Whenever you are using your electric stove to cook a meal, you should make it a practice to turn it off earlier than usual. This is because the plate on your stove usually stays heated even when the power is turned off. Thus, if you turn it off a few minutes early, then it can still continue to provide heat to your recipe.
26. Focus on your collection. Lots of people like to have a collection of certain things, which they consider as a hobby. Some people like to collect caps, while others enjoy collecting bags. If you are one of them, then you should think whether the things you are collecting can really provide you with what you need. If not, then you should try to stop your costly habit. Instead, you should try to sell your collection, so that you can add more money to your savings account.
27. Customer rewards programs. There are grocery stores and even bookstores today, which offer customer rewards programs. If the store that you usually purchase items from offer it, then you should sign up with them. Although it takes some time to rack up some points, it can still provide you with something, which can help you extend your budget. Aside from that, some of these reward programs can also give you coupons and discounts on certain items.
28. Check out your credit card points. Lots of credit card companies today offer rewards in relation to the points that you have collected whenever you use your card. If you have gathered enough points, you should check out the available items that you can redeem it for. Aside from items though, some companies may also agree to waive some fees associated with your account in exchange for the points.
29. Personalize your gifts. Whenever you hand out gifts for birthdays, Christmas, and such, it is always best to personalize them, in order to increase its value. Aside from making the present more meaningful though, personalizing gifts can also offer you a way to save up some cash. Thus, make use of your imagination, so that you can save up some money, while making your friends happy.
30. Let time pass by. Whenever you find yourself longing to purchase something new, such as a new gadget, a new pair of pants, or a new pair of shoes, you should let a couple of weeks pass by, before making up your mind about it. In most cases, you can find yourself losing the urge to buy the item that you want, especially if you really don’t need it.
31. Spend less money but have more fun. If you are the kind of parent who wants to see their kids having fun, there is actually no need to spend lots of money for it. Instead of taking them to rides or at the malls for shopping, you can actually make ordinary stuffs around your house interesting and fun enough for your kids. You can do some paper tossing, do origami, play hide and seek, and such so that you can all have some fun, without spending money.
32. Eat healthier meals. Avoiding highly processed foods is actually something that offers more than just health benefits. It can also help you save up some money, since they usually cost more than when you prepare your own meals. Preparing your own meals can help you save money, since you can easily load it up vegetables, which are more affordable than meat.
33. Don’t leave the door of the refrigerator open. Leaving the door of your refrigerator open for a long period of time can cost you lot of money, due to using up lots of energy. This is because whenever you open your refrigerator, it could lose a certain amount of its cool temperature and will have to try to attain it again. Thus, tell all the members of your family about this, so that you can minimize your energy consumption.
34. Your car’s air filter. Cleaning your car’s air filter will take you a long way when it comes to saving money. This is because a clean air filter can improve your vehicle’s fuel efficiency. With that, you can be assured that your gasoline consumption would be maintained at reasonable levels. Just check out your car’s manual in doing it, so that you can clean the air filter soon.
35. Making your own things. Making your own things can actually help when it comes to saving more money. When you bake your own cake or bread, you would soon realize that it is actually a lot more affordable in purchasing the ingredients for it and making it, than buying them from the bakeshop. Thus, learn making your own things soon, so that you can save more money in the process.
36. Finding relief from stress. If you need to relieve yourself from stress, there is no need to spend lots of money for it. As long as you know some meditation techniques or yoga, then you wouldn’t have to go to spas or massage parlors to relax. Aside from that, you can even just sit or lie down and listen to soothing music in order to get over a stressful day at work.
37. Do a routine check on your appliances. You should regularly check your appliances in order to save more money. When you constantly check your appliances, you would be able to see if there are dusts on certain parts of it, such as the vents, the backs, and such. If you keep the appliances well cleaned, you can improve their efficiency and prolong their life.
38. Club memberships. If you have a country club membership or a gym membership that you actually are not using, then you should cancel it. By doing that, you would be able to save some amounts of cash on a monthly basis. There is no need to worry about canceling them, since you can always renew your membership whenever you want to.
39. Wash your hands properly. Cleaning your hands thoroughly after going to the comfort room, or touching different types of things like money, books, among others, is one of the best ways to prevent diseases to affect you. Keeping yourself from viruses and bacteria can help in saving money, since you won’t have to deal with medical bills and medicine costs.
40. A gift does not have to be an item. Providing your friend with a service that they really need can be a very meaningful gift, instead of giving them the usual gift item. For example, you can actually offer to wash your friend’s car and wax it, instead of purchasing a gift item for him. Aside from that you can also offer to babysit for your friend, so that she can go out with her spouse.
41. Online accounts. If you saved your credit card information on your online accounts so that you can easily purchase items that you want, then you should remove them soon. This is because this can give you a very easy way to overspend or go over your budget. Once you remove them, whenever you need to purchase something, you will have to look for your credit card information, which can take up some of your time.
42. Buying a car wisely. Whenever you want to buy a brand new car, a couple of factors you want to consider would be the car’s fuel efficiency and reliability. When you focus on these factors, it can actually save you lots of money in the long run. Thus, you should do your research about the cars you are considering purchasing soon, so that you can have the one that can help you save more money.
43. How to prevent shopping by impulse. Making impulse buys, especially if you use your credit card for it can pile up your debts. To ensure that this is not the case, whenever you have the urge to purchase something, you should spend around a minute or two in thinking about whether you really need it or not. If not, then you simply have to let go of the urge and save your hard-earned cash.
44. Taking care of your debts. If you want to save more money, you should take care of your debts very soon. One of the best ways to do it is to come up with something, which can remind you about it regularly. You can set a reminder about it through your phone, or come up with a visual reminder, so that you would become more consistent in hitting your goals regarding your debts.
45. Eating a full breakfast. When you eat a full breakfast, you won’t just be having the energy that you need to get through the day easily, but it can also save you some money. This is because it can control your unnecessary cravings during lunch and dinner. Aside from that, a full breakfast is often more affordable than large meals during lunch and dinner; thus, you won’t have to deal with a huge expense for it.
46. What to do when you want to buy clothes. Whenever you have the urge to buy new clothes, you should check out your closet first. If you find out that there are lots of clothes you have that you have not used for the past months, then you should bring them in front. By doing that, you would actually feel like you already have newer sets of clothes; thus, it can prevent you from shopping for unnecessary clothing.
47. Gain the support of your family. If you want to save more money, you should tell your family all about it. When you do that, you can actually gain their support. If your whole family supports you, you can all work out together in order to minimize your costs. They can all help in minimizing energy and water consumption. Aside from that, they could also understand better if you won’t be eating out as often as you usually do.
48. When your computer is not working. If your computer is not working as fast as it usually does, or it is not functioning normally, you should not contact your equipment’s manufacturer for it immediately. This is because, they might send someone to repair it, and charge you lots of cash. Instead, you should try to troubleshoot it yourself it at first. Do your research about it through the internet, such as accessing websites or online forums, so that you can save money and learn new things.
49. Take up gardening. Gardening can be fun, aside from the fact that it can help you save more money. When you already have a garden, you won’t have to spend extra cash for cabbages, tomatoes, oranges, and other fruits and vegetables, since you can conveniently grow them yourself. By doing that, on top of saving money, you can also ensure that you are consuming organic food items.
50. Check your mobile phone bill thoroughly. To save more money, one of the best ways to do it is to check your phone bill for the services that you have enrolled it with. Try to carefully evaluate these services, so that you can properly decide whether you really need them or not. To get rid of some, all you need to do is to contact your service provider and tell them about it.
51. Make your own wine. If you love to drink wines so much, then you may have already spent lots of money in purchasing bottles of your favorite drinks. There are actually affordable wine making kits available in the market today, and they usually come with everything, which include the ingredients. By using such kits, you no longer have to purchase expensive wines, since you can already make them yourself.
“Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” PT Barnum
The Value Of Money Explained – https://www.mastersofmoney.com/thevalueofmoneyexplained/
About Masters of Money, LLC.
Masters of Money, LLC., was founded by Michael “MJ The Terrible” Johnson, to create and sell how to information, to people looking for ways to make and save money.
The goal of Masters of Money: Provide the tools, resources, and strategies, to help anyone who wants to be more successful, create the life of their dreams.
Masters of Money’s products and services list:
Opt in email marketing – Online advertising – Social media marketing – Content creation – Content marketing – Internet marketing – Public relations campaigns – Web design – Direct response marketing – Copywriting – Company and / or product branding campaigns – Fundraising – Lead generation – Company and / or product launches – Business consulting – Partnering for profits campaigns – Blogging – Content library development – Content library maximization marketing – Multi-channel marketing creation and consultation – Ghostwriting – Ebook creation – Company continuity programs – Ezine creation – Ezine marketing – Digital newsletter creation – Digital newsletter marketing – Content trading – Information brokering – Company and / or product endorsements – Guest blogging – Business opportunity offers – Create and sell making and saving money strategies and information
Company contact information:
Foreign Corporation (LTD) AG.
d/b/a Masters of Money, LLC.
3839 McKinney Avenue
Dallas, TX 75204
Phone #: (214) 329-4241
Fax #: (214) 599-9192